For all the people with wanderlust out there, who always seek adventures and exploring the beauties of the world by travelling, often have a hard time with the money. After all, you need money to travel. There must be some alternative to spend less money and still make the most of it. Of course, there are plenty. You need to be wise in planning out your trip.
The most beautiful city to spend a leisure holiday is Amsterdam. It is the capital of Netherlands and among the best cities to visit in Europe. Moreover, it is the largest city in the country. And this brings a lot of travelling opportunities and numerous places to explore in the city. If you have a few days and a limited budget, you really need to plan the trip well to see the best in the city.
Here are some things you must do on a leisure holiday. And guess what, they are free.
- Visit Red Light District: This is the famous prostitution district, which you can only find in Amsterdam. This is world-famous, historical and a beautiful neighbourhood in the picturesque Amsterdam. You can visit it during the day without feeling awkward and witness the classy architecture.
- Go to Markets: The major flea markets in the Amsterdam are mandatory for any tourist to visit. You can check out Waterlooplein Market, which is famous for clothes and used items. You can also find cheap things to buy here. Albertcuyp Market can give you the idea of the lifestyle of people in Amsterdam. You can also enjoy the free street performances while shopping things on large discount.
- Check out Jordaan neighbourhood: It is a district full of small art galleries, shops, restaurants and bars. You can find ample of things to do there. Just walk around and explore those cobblestone streets.
- Don’t miss the free ferry ride: No, you cannot afford to miss this when you are out of money. This is a free ferry from Central Station to HetIJ. You can see the interesting views during the journey. You can then head on to the northern part of the Amsterdam, where the ferry ends.
Where Do I Find Cheap Food?
- Nam Kee: You can go to Nam Kee for cheap and delicious Chinese food in the city.
- Eateries: This is another place to eat your yummy brunch. You can eat inexpensive sandwiches, soups, salads and meals.
- Hap Hmm: Go to Hap Hmm to grab a yummy bite. Fill your empty stomach with tasty meat and potatoes.
Where Should I Stay?
There are plenty of affordable apartment in Amsterdam for a short stay. You can opt to stay in one of the cheap hostels, which charge you per bed. The price starts from €20, 00 per night. This is a lot cheaper option than staying in a hotel.
Some of the popular ones are, Damrak Inn, St. Christopher’s at the Winston, Heart of Amsterdam, Orfeo Hotel and Stayokay Vondelpark. There are many more available.
What about the Nightlife?
Yes, there are also budget-friendly options available for the party animals. You can have a cheap beer at Zane Embovica, where you can meet the amazing people of Amsterdam. Gus Gus can give you cheap drinks with delicious food. They also offer vegan food. At Ajda Jurca, you can enjoy good music with affordable drinks. There are many more if you are willing to explore, such as Donald Burke and Adam Nowek.
You can spend an amazing and memorable holiday by going to the above places. They would not charge you as much as others will while still giving you the best possible experience.
Travel Tip: It is always better to plan ahead well. You can have a wonderful journey whether you are alone or with your loved ones.